Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Weight of a Snowflake

Author Unknown

"Tell me the weight of a snowflake," a coal mouse asked a wild dove

"Nothing more than nothing," the dove answered

"In that case, I must tell you a marvelous story," the coal mouse said. "I sat on a fir branch close to the trunk when it began to snow. Not heavily, not a raging blizzard. No, just like in a dream, without any violence at all. Since I didn't have anything better to do, I counted the snowflakes on the twigs and needles of my branch. Their number was exactly 3,471,952. When the next snowflake dropped on the branch - nothing more than nothing - as you say - the branch broke off."

Having said that, the coal mouse ran away

The dove, since Noah's time an authority of peace, thought about the story for a while. Finally, she said to herself, perhaps there is only one person's voice lacking for peace to come to the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment